Pet Loss Quotes: Grieving The Loss of A Pet
- July 18, 2022
Pet loss is a grief like no other. Those that are lucky enough to have spent time growing connected to a furry friend are eventually faced with saying goodbye – but the love gained is always worth it.
Pets provide the gift of unconditional love, and that is something you can carry with you throughout every stage of life. It’s important to remember the connection built, and how the love from a pet could alleviate any sorrow. Their warm greetings, consoling cuddles, and all-around companionship can be commemorated.
Reading, writing, and speaking quotations about remembering a pet is one way to do so. Here are some comforting sayings and excerpts that could be used throughout your grieving process.
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” – Vicki Harrison
- “Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives wholes.” – Roger Caras
- “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.” – Will Rogers
- “Time spent with a cat is never wasted.” – Sigmund Freud
- “Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we didn’t ever know we had.” – Thom Jones
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Ted Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
- “If there is a heaven, it’s certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to detangle them.” – Pam Brown
- “A pet is never truly forgotten until it is no longer remembered.” – Lacie Petitto
- “Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon
- “The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief. But the pain of grief is only a shadow when compared with the pain of never risking love.” – Hilary Stanton Zunin
- “If I have any beliefs about immortality it is that certain dogs I know will go to heaven, and very very few people.” – James Thurber
- “The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s.” – Mark Twain
- “Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.” – Gene Hill
- “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” – Anatole France
- “What greater gift than the love of a cat.” – Charles Dickens
- Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome.” – Isaac Asimov
- “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” – James Herriot
- “Sorrow is how we learn to love. Your heart isn’t breaking. It hurts because it’s getting larger. The larger it gets, the more love it holds.” – Rita Mae Brown
During this difficult time, its pertinent to take care of yourself knowing your pet would want you to feel at ease. Reading these quotes, saying them aloud to yourself or a friend, and writing them within journals or an obituary may aid your grieving process. You can honor your pet’s memory with endearing and heartfelt words that depict the never-ending relationship you have.